Monday, June 4, 2007

Catching up with news

Summer is a time of much coming and going even in a monastery. Each final professed monk is allowed to take two weeks of vacation to visit family or others. The junior monks are allowed one week of vacation together and then one week with their family. Others are attending summer workshops or giving retreats or attending the ordinations of alumni. Today the junior monks return from their week together. This year they spent this in Florida, the guests of the parents of one of the junior monks. I am hoping to take some time to visit family and friends toward the end of July and first part of August. By that time I am hoping to be healed enough to do this and I think I will.

This has been a rainy summer so far. It seems that just about every day we get a shower or two. We have not had any bad storms but plenty of moisture.

For any of you who read this blog and may not know, I have many photos on a web site, some of which may interest you. Go to: http://kennethosb.smugmug.com/

1 comment:

Don Watterson Obl.SB said...

Fr. Kenneth , it appears that you are well on the road to recovery . Your new column is great. Looking forward to returning to assist in the Oblate on Call program . It was great to have been working at the same time as your annual retreat . I got to see some old faces that I've not seen in years . Peace Don