Friday, August 8, 2008

Back home after a week of vacation

I returned home yesterday, August 7, after spending a week relaxing and resting on the farm near where I grew up in Brunswick, Missouri. Our old farm house is no longer standing. That is the house where all five of us boys were born. There were no girls in the family. My poor mother had her hands full. In those days the doctor came to the house to deliver babies. My only living brother, who lives in Kansas City, owns a neighboring farm and keeps a trailer home on it so I use that when I am home but of course go around to visit relatives -- one sister in law still lives in the area, plus a number of nephews and nieces and grand nephews and nieces, as well as a number of cousins. It was a good week.

As usual when you arrive home there is a lot of work piled up for you as I check my e-mails, my regular mail etc. I have a good staff in the infimary so things went smoothly there while I was away.

This weekend I go to Cameron and Maysville, MO for three Masses. Father Paul Turner is pastor there but he is gone so I will go down to take the Masses for him.

The picture I posted above was taken at Qumram in the desert of Israel when I was there over two years ago. Qumram of course is where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered.

Hope you are all enjoying the summer and keeping cool. In the past week we had some really hot and humid weather.

No comments: