Monday, October 6, 2008

What's going on?

Here we are beginning another week. Already we are well into the month of October. I am including in this blog an older picture of my family. This is the only family picture we have. It was taken only a few days before I left home to enter the novitiate at Conception and my youngest brother, Edward, died less than two year later of cancer. He was only 19 years old at the time. That was in 1955. In the front row, seated, are my parents Joe and Alice (Gladbach) Reichert. My Dad died in 1973, my mother in 1980. In the back row from left to right are: myself, my oldest brother Raymond who died in the year 2000, my second oldest brother Harold, who is still living in Kansas City with his wife of over 56 years, my brother Jim, four years older than me, who died in the year 2002 and then my brother Ed. I have 13 nephews and nieces and I was privileged to witness the marriage of all of them. And of course I have many grandnephews and nieces. Next weekend I plan to go to Kansas City to spend the weekend with my brother and his wife and also visit with my sister in law, Jim's wife.

This past weekend I was at Plattsburg, Missouri to celebrate the weekend Masses. It's a pleasant parish to help in as the people are very friendly and welcoming. Here at Conception this past weekend we had family weekend for the students. I understand that there were about 190 guests here for the weekend so it was well attended. Thank God the weather was beautiful.

Next Friday and Saturday the seminary board of regents meets here at Conception. The regents include a number of bishops, vocation directors and lay people and they serve as an advisory board to the seminary administration.

The weather has been beautiful. The trees are just starting to turn colors and the farmers are busy harvesting.

My prayers and best wishes to all of you.

No comments: