Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Few News Items from Conception Abbey


More snow (3-4 inches) on February 5, 2010

Taken inside monastery looking through window
into the courtyard.


Just want all of you to know that, while much of the snow we had in January has melted, we keep getting a little more now and then to remind us that winter is not over yet.

With regard to our renovated St. Stephen Health Care Center, we are enjoying it very much. Some furniture is still arriving. I am including a couple pictures of that below.


Fr. Kenneth in his office with new office furniture
St. Stephen Health Care Center


Part of the living room area on 2nd floor
New chairs for the chapel in St. Stephen's

South end of dining room area in St. Stephen's

Click on any photo to enlarge it.

We here at Conception are getting ready for Lent. As St. Benedict states in his Rule, each of the monks "should make known to the abbot what he intends to do, since it ought to be done with his prayer and approval." Abbot Gregory gives each monk twenty minutes to come in and talk to him and ask for his approval on what they propose to do special during Lent. I hope all of us are starting to make some plans for Lent so that it can be a time to truly prepare for the joy of Easter.

A week ago, on Friday evening, January 29, we held our annual SOS (Support Our Seminarians) dinner and auction at the Mariott Hotel in downtown Kansas City. About 730 people attended this year. Since a number of my family were attending, I also went down for this event. I believe this was the 17th year for this event.

I encourage all of you to go to the Conception Abbey web site for more information about Conception or to read my Oblate blog. Click here please
To see other photos on my photo web site --- click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Fr. Kenneth,

It is good to see your post, I truly enjoy reading your blog. The photos are just fantastic, thank you for sharing them. I especially like the one taken of the courtyard through the window, It looks like a series of photo frames, really neat!! And I enjoyed the photo of you in your office, you look very comfortable, ready for business :)

Thanks for coming by my blog and for the wonderful compliments on my wood crafts, thank you.

Until next time may God richly Bless you,
Bill Hamilton