Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What's Happening?

Looking back since my last entry in this blog which was dated November 1, I should first of all note that we were not able to have our usual procession to the cemetery on November 2.  The weather was rainy and cold.  


The weekend of November 5-6, I was at Cameron, MO where I celebrated all the Masses at St. Munchin Church and also at St. Aloysius Church at Maysville, MO.  


This past weekend November 12-13, I was not assigned to a parish assignment but on Sunday I went to Omaha, Nebraska, for a wake service.  A cousin of our family died there Thursday night, November 10.  So some of our family decided to drive up for the wake service on Sunday evening.  My sister in law, Vera, my nephew, Kenny, and my niece, Janet, and myself went up for this.  We returned on Sunday evening.  Kind of a tiring trip but I'm glad we went.  It was good to see many of the relatives again.  
Beatrice (Bea) Clavin in the chair with
my sister in law when they visited her in
September, 2011



This picture dates back to the late 1960's.  I had taken my Dad
and Mother and my Uncle Tony and Aunt Marguerite to Omaha
to see their nephews and niece.  Above in the picture are in the back
row:  my mother, Aunt Marguerite, Uncle Tony, Geraldine (a niece)
and my Dad.  In the front row are:  Richard, Fr. Kenneth, John, Herbert and Bill.
The boys in the front row are all nephews of my Dad (except for me) and
Aunt Marguerite.  Their sister Rose lived in Omaha and died of cancer
in 1947.


The weekend of November 19-21 was also the fall Encounter With God's Call.  Two of these are held each year -- one in the fall and one in the spring -- to allow young men in high school or college to experience seminary life for a few days.  About sixty attended this weekend.  


This weekend we also had our annual drama production.  This year they did the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat.  It was a delightful production and well done by the students here in the seminary.  Brother Cyprian was the director.  


A picture of the guest house taken just this morning,
Tuesday, November 15, 2011.





No comments: