Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Very hot and dry

We continue to have very hot weather and it continues to be very dry. The lawns are all pretty well turning brown and the temperature gets up into the 90's everyday it seems.

I continue to go to Maryville three times a week for cardiac rehab at the hospital there. I am doing well and building up my strength but going to rehab does make you exercise and that is important.

A number of you who are oblates of St. Benedict, affiliated with Conception Abbey, have asked me for a suggestion of a commentary on the Rule of St. Benedict. The one I usually recommend is written by an oblate from England, Esther deWaal. It is called A Life Giving Way, A Commentary on the Rule of St. Benedict. There are of course many other good books on the Rule and on St. Benedict also available, but the one above is generally the one I recommend to our oblates.

Thank you to those of you who have sent comments concerning the blog. It is always good to know that people are reading it.

Until the next time may God bless each of you.

No comments: