Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Ordination to diaconate

This past weekend I attended the ordination to the diaconate of an alumnus, Nathan Gohlke, for the diocese of Joliet, Illinois. He is looking forward to ordination to the priesthood in the spring of 2008. The ordination took place in the Cathedral at Joliet. The next day I concelebrated with his pastor Father Ron Hart at Irwin, Illinois. At the Mass the new Deacon Nathan gave the homily and was deacon for the Mass. See picture posted with this blog. I stayed a couple days with Father Hart, also an alumnus, and good friend of mine for the last 40 years or more. For anyone who remembers Nathan I have some more pictures on my photo web site at:
http://kennethosb.smugmug.com/gallery/21921

Work on the windmills continues. I took a couple more pictures today if you want to see some of the progress. Go to the same address as I put in my last edition of this blog, posted just down below this one.

This coming weekend is "Encounter With God's Call." A weekend for young men who are perhaps giving some thought to a vocation to the priesthood. It is also the weekend for the seminary dramatic production.

No comments: