Tuesday, April 8, 2014

KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS 4TH DEGREE

On Sunday, April 6, some of the 4th degree Knights here in Norfolk took me to West Point, Nebraska to become a fourth degree Knight.  I had been a 3rd degree Knight since about 1990 and so was happy to be able to be accepted as a fourth degree member on this date.  I will also now serve as chaplain for the local 4th degree Knights which includes a number of the surrounding towns -- Madison, Scranton, Battle Creek, Pierce etc.  The ceremony concluded with Mass celebrated by the pastor at West Point and I concelebrated.  Then we enjoyed a banquet together.  There were 33 new 4th degree members from throughout this area of Nebraska. I am posting a couple pictures here taken after the Mass.
 The class of new 4th degree members.
Four of us from the Norfolk area.

I feel privileged to be a 4th degree member and am happy for all that the Knights here in Norfolk have done to make me feel welcome.

Last Thursday, April 3, we had another round of winter.  In the morning we had rain, then it turned to sleet and finally then to snow.  While not a big snow, it was possibly the biggest snow we have had this winter.  Today is just kind of a cool day but tomorrow they are predicting it will get up close to 80 degrees.  We'll see.


As I said the snow was nothing to be excited about but it was a very wet snow and was kind of pretty early in the morning on Friday.

This Thursday a couple Sisters and I plan to go to Raeville.  There is, I am told, a very beautiful church there.  Raeville is actually also the first place where the Sisters lived and had their first monastery when they came to this country from Germany.

I am preparing for Holy Week and the Triduum these days.  Sunday will be Palm Sunday.  I will have a Mass at the nursing home on Holy Thursday and a brief communion service down there on Friday afternoon, but nothing at the nursing home on Holy Saturday.   On Easter Sunday I will have a Mass down there at the regular time -- 9:30 AM.  The Sisters have their Holy Thursday Mass at 7:00 PM, Good Friday services at 3:00 PM and then the Easter Vigil at 8:30 PM on Saturday evening with another Mass on Easter Sunday at 11:15 AM.  

I hope you all have a Blessed and Holy Week and a glorious celebration of Easter. 

God bless you all.

No comments: