Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Return from Arizona and Grand Canyon

I returned from Arizona yesterday (Monday) evening. What a wonderful time I had. My good friends Rick and Sandy Darnell were great hosts and made me feel very much at home. The picture at the left is one of many taken at the Grand Canyon. That is indeed a site to see and wonder at. We spent all day on Saturday at the Canyon, after spending time on Friday at Sidona, Arizona and other places on the way north. If you would like to see other pictures of my trip and especially of the Grand Canyon go to: http://kennethosb.smugmug.com/gallery/3578023

While I was away our Father Gilbert Stack died on Sunday morning. He was 94 years old just this past August. For many years he led tours and pilgrimages to the Holy Land, Rome and other places. His wake service will be this evening and his funeral tomorrow morning.

Once again, for oblates who read this blog, I want to remind you to send in your reservation for the up coming oblate retreat unless you have already done so. The dates are October 19-21. Send your reservation directly to the guest department.

In Arizona I got used to warm and very dry air. Today it is raining so the humidity is high and I can tell the difference. It was cool at the Canyon, especially as evening came and we waited to see the sunset.

No comments: