Tuesday, December 25, 2007

BLESSED AND MERRY CHRISTMAS


It is Christmas day and we have just finished our 11:00 AM day Mass on Christmas and enjoyed a delicious Christmas brunch. I am including a picture of the church which I just took a few minutes ago without any lights on in the church. I want to wish all of you readers of this blog a Blessed and Merry Christmas. It's a beautiful feast and I pray you have each had an opportunity to pray and give thanks to God for sending his Son to bring us salvation.

Yesterday we had first vespers of Christmas at 4:45 PM. Then at 6:00 PM we had our Christmas dinner, a banquet. At 7:45 PM we had Vigils and then at midnight we had Mass. I myself did not attend the midnight Mass here as I went to Clyde Monastery and had Mass for the Benedictine Sisters at 9:00 PM. That is when they have their Christmas Mass. When I got back it was about 11:00 PM so I went to bed. This morning we had Lauds at 9:00 AM and then most of the monks went to the infirmary as the monks who live there opened their gifts. At 11:00 AM we had a second Christmas Mass. This afternoon at 5:00 PM we have vespers and then at 7:00 PM Compline or night prayer.

It's a beautiful sunny day and it is a white Christmas as we have probably 4-5 inches of snow on the ground.

Many blessings to each of you on this holy feast.

1 comment:

Mattjd said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Was thinking about Christmas at Conception last night as I was putting together kid's gifts at midnight. Luckily had a change to watch the Vatican Midnight Mass which really helped me miss Conception all the more. While I enjoyed Children's Mass in Southern Pines, NC, it is not the same as midnight Mass at Conception.

Please know that Conception's monks, oblates, friends, staff, and benefactors are in my prayers daily. Merry, Merry Christmas to all! And Peace to all in the New Year!!