Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sad news

I just received word this afternoon from some relatives in Omaha that a cousin of mine was killed in the shooting incident at a shopping mall in Omaha this past week. I had of course read about this but little did I realize that someone I knew was involved. Her name was Dianne (Clavin) Trent. Her Dad (deceased) and I were first cousins. She worked in the customer service department at the Von Maur store where the shooting took place. It came as quite a shock when I heard the news. Having survived the shooting incident here at Conception in 2002, news of such things happening have an effect on me and make me feel a lot of sympathy for the families involved.

Other than that this has been a cold and slick weekend. We have had mist and freezing mist and fog for the past two days, after receiving about 4-5 inches of snow on Thursday. More freezing rain is forecast for tomorrow night. The roads I understand are in fairly good shape but sidewalks and side streets are slick.

This is the last week of school for this semester. The students will be leaving on Thursday.

No comments: