Monday, January 7, 2008

Accordion concert

On Friday evening we enjoyed a delightful accordion concert by Betty Jo Simon. She is a professional on the accordion and has performed world wide. She and her husband live in the Kansas City area. Our own Prior, Father Daniel, also plays the accordion and he became acquainted with Betty Jo through their mutual interest. A number of the monks, a number of the Sisters from Clyde and many from the local community attended the concert.

This past weekend I celebrated the Masses at St. Ann Church, Plattsburg, MO. The pastor Father Jeff Stephan was gone for the weekend. After the Sunday Masses I went on to Kansas City to spend the afternoon and night with my brother and sister in law. Today I returned to Conception.

The students arrived back at the seminary yesterday and today classes began for the second semester. While a few students dropped out at the conclusion of the first semester, we also had some new students come so the number of seminarians remains about the same.

We have enjoyed some spring like weather the last two or three days but it is supposed to turn colder tonight with some light snow expected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.