Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back to school

The picture on the left is of Betty Jo Simon who gave the accordion concert last Friday evening. (photo by Karen Ceckowski) I did not have a picture when I wrote my last entry so I am enclosing one this week. It was a very entertaining concert.

The students have returned and we are into the second semester. Also, our own monks who are in school other places have returned to their schools. Brothers Guerric and Macario returned to St. Meinrad Archabbey in Indiana last Saturday. Brother Anselm returned today to the Catholic University in Washington, DC. Brother Pachomius will be returning to Mount Angel Abbey in Oregon this Saturday.

Also, the students from other monasteries who are attending school here have returned -- Brother Gerard from Christ in the Desert Abbey in New Mexico and Brother Gabriel from Worth Abbey in England.

I have put some more pictures on my photo site of the ice storm we had here in December. Those I have added were taken by Karen Ceckowski. http://kennethosb.smugmug.com/gallery/4002919

Today we are receiving more snow. It's not a big storm but enough to make the roads a little slick.

No comments: