Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Intrigued by the Wind Turbines

Most of you can tell that I am very much taken up with the windmills in our area. They strike me every time I see them and sometimes I find myself just looking at them from the distance, especially in the early morning. They are so immense and generate a lot of electricity. Well last Monday morning I went out about 5:30 AM with my camera and took a short video of the windmills as they were turning and also a still picture or two.


So since I am so taken with these machines you will probably see pictures of them now and then from different angles.

The Abbot is away this week giving a retreat. Other monks are coming and going as usual during the summer months. I hope to get away for a few days in July and then in early August for a little longer time.

Keeping the grass cut around here has been a big job this summer. With the rain it seems to just keep growing and growing. We have many working on the lawns but it still is difficult to keep ahead.

Today is the Solemnity of St. John the Baptist. I was celebrant for the Mass in the basilica today. Present with us for Mass were Dr. Elizabeth McGrath, academic dean in our seminary college, and her sister and husband from Florida, Kathy and Michael. I had lunch with them after Mass.

1 comment:

CLGasper said...

Fr.Kenneth,
My husband and I have been oblates since 1980.Fr.Dan gave the retreat weekend for us in Hawaii.
We have recently moved from Virginia to Idaho.About a mile from our home are a field of windmills.They are beautiful against the Grand Tetons.
I too am struck by their beauty.
God Bless,
CL Gasper