Friday, June 6, 2008

A Beautiful Day

On the right: Alumnus Vic Brulez along with Fr. Norbert and Fr. Kenneth during his visit last weekend

The brief video is of Conception Abbey, taken from the south side of Lake Placid

Probably you have been seeing on the news something about the storms and lots of rain in the Midwest. We have fortunately missed the bad storms but have had a lot of rain. Many of the local rivers in this area of the state are flooding and some of the secondary roads are closed because of high water. Today was a beautiful day after having rain most of last night. Today the sun was shining brightly and it was cooler and less humid. Tornadoes were sited in Northwest Missouri last night but I am not aware that they caused any damage.

I was in Kansas City part of Thursday as I had a regular check up with the cardiologist. All seems to be going well and I will see him again in November.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I will leave for Plattsburg, Missouri where I will celebrate the weekend Masses. We seem to have a lot of weekend pastoral assignments in the summer as many of the parish priests take some time off for vacation.

No comments: