Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Back from hospital

Well, I am now back from the hospital and healing as well as regaining my strenght. I went into surgery on Tuesday, May 15 about 10:00 AM. They completed the surgery about 12:15 PM and took me immediately into Cardiac Intensive Care. This is the normal procedure. On Wednesday they moved me out of Intensive Care and put me in a private room. I made good progress and so was dismissed on Saturday, May 19. I spent a couple days with my brother and sister in law who live in the north part of Kansas City. On Monday they brought me back to Conception. I am presently living in the infirmary, resting a lot but also doing some smaller tasks. Above all I am not allowed to lift, push or pull much of anything.
I am very grateful for all the prayers that came my way. I ended up needing quadruple by pass but had an excellent surgeon and good doctors and nurses.
Hope this bring you up to date a bit. Just today Father Daniel took over as Prior so I am now the ex-prior.

Let us continue to pray for one another.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Father Kenneth: Thanks so terribly much for starting this blog. I called Conception a couple times checking on your progress. So elated to hear from you directly and the wonderful news. God is Good!!! and knows how important you are to so many of us. I'm finding great inspiration in "St. Benedict's Toolbox."
With Prayer, Nancy

Pamela at St. Augustin said...

Dear Father Kenneth,
Praise be to God for your successful bypass surgery and your remarkable recovery. You, along with the other Monks, are in our daily prayers. Can't wait until the July Oblate weekend. What a wonderful group of people and a beautiful spiritual experience. God bless you, Father Kenneth!
Pamela and David
St. Augustin Church, Des Moines, IA

Don Watterson Obl.SB said...

Fr. Kenneth , so glad to hear your surgery went well. Truly in all things God be praised . Peace

cheri said...

Fr. Kenneth,

Catching up on e-mails post this week's business trip; what a joy to read that you are progressing well post surgery.

I agree with Nancy in thanking you for starting this blog. It is great to have a means for everyone to communicate electronically in this way.

I pray that you continue your post-surgical recovery on this positive course. Please take good care of yourself and have a wonderful Pentecost Sunday!

Cheri