Sunday, September 22, 2013

BENEDICTINE MISSIONARY SISTERS: 90th ANNIVERSARY

Today, on Sunday, September 22, the Benedictine Missionary Sisters here at Norfolk celebrated 90 years of being in Nebraska.  We had a beautiful celebration with Mass at 10:30 AM with Father Prior Mauritius, from Christ the King Priory, at Schuyler as celebrant.  After my 9:30 AM Mass at the nursing home I came back to the monastery and concelebrated the Mass.  We had a deacon here from Omaha and many guests.  The Mass was followed by a dinner for the Sisters and guests.
Father Mauritius and Father Kenneth and the deacon at 90th anniversary Mass.
Earlier this week, on Thursday, I went to Winnebago, NE for a visit to the Indian Reservation there.  Fathers David Korth and Father Dan Wittrock are both stationed there to take care of their spiritual needs.  Father Korth was gone but I had a nice visit with Father Wittrock.  The Benedictine Sisters from here have worked there since 1957.
 Some of the children eating lunch in the cafateria
Alumnus Father Dan Wittrock
The weather has been more like fall lately.  Yesterday it started off in the morning with a low of about 45.  Today was warmer again but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

In closing I would like to call attention to my modified Smugmug photo site.  Smugmug has changed a number things and I hope you will enjoy the new site.   http://kennethosb.smugmug.com/

Also, to remind you again, I am, for the most part now using my Conception e-mail address:  kenneth@conception.edu

My phone number is:  402-371-5657  or my cell phone:
402-750-9684

Have a good week and God bless you all.

No comments: