Tuesday, March 11, 2014

COUPLE BEAUTIFUL SPRING LIKE DAYS

I just want you all to know that here in Northeastern Nebraska we had a couple of beautiful spring like days, probably warmer even than in Northwest Missouri.   On Sunday, March 9, the temperature reached a high of about 72 degrees.  And then on Monday, March 10, I think it got up to an official 73 degrees.  But--------as we all know such temperatures are not here to stay yet.  So by this morning the wind had changed around to the north and the temperature at the present time (about 3:30 PM) is about 35 degrees.  I had a dentist appointment this afternoon and when I left the office we were getting a mixture of rain and snow.  So it goes -- only God is in charge of the weather.

One of the Sisters who is taking classes at the college at Wayne, Nebraska, said the professor talked about Supreme Court Justice Clarance Thomas.  Evidently the professor mentioned that he had gone to school at Conception Seminary College and Sister said she had been there and knew where that was.  So I dug out the picture below of Justice Thomas.   He went to school at Conception for one year, 1967-68.  This picture was taken in the 1990's when he visited Conception.  At the time, I believe, he was a Federal Judge.  He has been to Conception once since he became a Supreme Court Judge.  

Justice Thomas in the center, on the left is Bro. Bernard,
and on the right is Fr Kenneth.  I was one
of his prefects the year he was at Conception.

The Knights of Columbus, as I mentioned before, have a fish supper every Friday evening during Lent.  I was not able to go last Friday, but someone told me they served about 800 people.  I hope to make it this coming Friday

Some years ago a number of my nephews and nieces started asking me to write down some of my memories from growing up on a farm.  Being born in 1933 I have seen a lot of changes during the years I have lived and especially remember those early years when we did not yet have electricity or running water etc.  So I began to write down some of my memories and completed this in 2011.  It is no master piece, but I did enjoy doing it.





No comments: