Sunday, March 16, 2014

SOME BEAUTIFUL SPRING WEATHER AND OTHER THINGS

Greetings to everyone again this week.  It has been a good week with a lot of warm and spring-like days.  We still have not had a good snow or rain here this winter so we pray for rain before the time comes to sow crops.

On Thursday, my day off, of this past week I got in the car and started driving.  I drove north of Norfolk on highway 81, and then over to Pierce and then on up highway 13 to Plainview.  I wanted to see the little town of Brunswick, Nebraska since I was born and raised in Brunswick, Missouri.   I never did find the town, but I know better now where it is located so I will get there the next time. There is certainly a lot of open country out here, lots of farm land which looks like it was mostly in corn last year.  Here are a couple pictures I took:


As the weather keeps improving I will go to many places in the area.  I don't like the big cities but I do enjoy the country.  

I got a big surprise yesterday (Saturday).  There are some large quilting groups that come here for the weekend now and then.  Last fall sometime one group was here and some of them came to Mass at the St. Joseph Nursing Home.  After Mass they told me who they were and I jokingly said something about:  "Are you going to make me a quilt?"  I obviously was not serious.  The same group was here this weekend and some of them are from Omaha.  The Omaha group did indeed make me a quilt.  I was almost speechless as I did not even think of such a thing.  I am putting a picture below but will post more pictures later.  This is just a picture I took when I put it on my couch here in the living room.  They took a number of pictures when they presented me with the quilt which they will e-mail to me.

This past Friday I again went to the fish fry by the Knights of Columbus.  As usual the food was all very good.  

This coming Tuesday is the feast of St. Benedict.  At Conception we celebrate this feast as a solemnity and the feast of St. Benedict on July 11 as a feast.  Up here the Sisters do just the opposite so this Tuesday will be only a feast, not a solemnity.

Have a blessed Lent and may God bless all of you.


No comments: